Monday, November 29, 2010

oh no...1/2 inch opps!!!!

This year I chose to make some more of those wonderful candle mats for some family members.  They were perfect, quick, easy, elegant, useful...just what I was really looking for. So I picked up all the supplies I needed to make a few of them. Then I began the assembly line of steps to make them. I am almost at the end, and WHAM...the borders are all 1/2 inch off....on all of them!!!

I am so frustrated with myself...guess that is what happens when you mainly work late at night with only a wee bit of sleep and days full of 3 active children....sigh.

I am not sure if it was my cutting that was off, or my seams but I do know that sadly this project is taking me much longer than anticipated....sigh....that darn 1/2 inch :(

2 comments:

Barb said...

Oh I hate it when that happens...totally stinks but I am sure within no time you will have it all fixed and done!

tiny said...

Oh how sadly, can you not make the corners something bigger?