Saturday, November 6, 2010

Well I started something....

Yesterday I posted a picture of a sock monkey that my daughter and I made. I think it turned out rather well for a very first trial run. Well, she was over the moon happy with this monkey. It has gone everywhere with her since it was completed!

Well, my son  wanted one so we went and picked out a pair of socks that he liked and then the continual question began..."can we make my monkey mom" which with him became "mom can you make my monkey?" We agreed that we would work on it today. Well he remembered and wanted to start on his monkey before he even had his breakfast.  We finally came to an agreement and started working on his monkey. Sadly, we did not finish it before we had to go out. We got home late so the kids went right to bed, but I however, pulled out the thread and needle and finished up this little monkey. He is now sitting on the chair waiting for my son to see him in the morning! I am so excited to see his reaction!! Oh how I love the young age of surprise and happiness :)

Now that 2 of the kids have a monkey, I do think that a 3rd one will need to be made in the very near future...and I have the perfect socks already waiting to come to life :)

Tomorrow, I am debating packing up my sewing machines, fabric and all pertinent gear/supplies and fabric and heading to my moms. I am thinking of having a full day of uninterrupted sewing! Oh how fun will that be...and it is such a treat to get so much accomplished in such a short amount of time!! Guess I will have to wait and see what the morning brings!

Christine!

1 comment:

Barb said...

You are right, what a fun age...