I did not do anything on the wall hanging yesterday, took a bit of a break to ponder and see if I could figure out how to make it better as although I like it, it is still not popping for me. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that I needed a color on it that was a bit brighter. It has a black background, then has a coppery-orange, a print with browns/rusts/silver/gold, then a solid silver. I then played around with adding a bit of a gold print. This was ok, but still not what I was hoping for. So, when I was out yesterday I stopped to look at some fabric and think I found exactly what it needed. It is a metallic creamy silver. When I put it on the wall hanging when I got home it looked even better than it had against the samples in the store.
With finding that, the excitement is fired up again to finish this, and hopefully in time for our anniversary...have 1 1/2 weeks...I can do it, I can do it, I can do it!
As I have mentioned before, I am doing a "Meadow Breeze" Mystery BOM, and had ordered the kits for all of the appliqued blocks, well that arrived yesterday...ohhh it is so pretty!!! I am looking forward to starting that, as soon as the wall hanging is done!