Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Something New...

I have started this blog to share the crafts and projects that I am working on and have completed. I like to do all kinds of crafts, and willing to try any new craft once. The main thing I love to do is sewing. And with that I have recently begun quilting, which I must admit I am already addicted to! One more reason to go to the fabric stores and look at all the pretty fabrics! I also decorate cakes, mainly wedding cakes and birthday cakes, but any event is always good with cake!

With quilting there is so much freedom to create, and there are so many activities that you can participate in. One thing I am going to try is a Quilt Along. I have never done one of these so I am thinking that this will be a new challenge and a lot of fun. The Quilt Along that I will be participating in is “A Pinwheel Party”, and you can see all about it at Twiddletails.

This Quilt Along will last for 13 weeks so I will be making a new block every week. Now I am thinking that this should be rather simple to complete, but seeing that I am a mom of 2 year old twins and a 2 month old, it may be a bigger challenge than I really anticipate. I am hoping that I can at least get 15 minutes of sewing time in a day and that should allow me to complete this on schedule. I will post the progress as I go, and share all the adventures along the way.

I did get some fabric for this quilt, I decided to go with solid colors and make it in flannel. I think that this quilt will be wonderful for a little person and flannel is so nice and soft and cuddly! Now I just need to take pictures of the fabric and post it.

The other fun thing I have joined is Aurifil BOM by Pat Sloan. This BOM is a free BOM that is going to last 9 months. You can download the first block here. I think that this is really pretty and can not wait to start this one too! For this, I did order the first kit for all the applique blocks and background for for the applique. You can get it here, and while there check out Pat Sloans Blog.

So, while waiting for the Meadow Breeze kit to arrive, I will try to get the Pinwheel Party blocks done. Oh I am so excited to get to the sewing machine :)

No comments: