Monday, March 22, 2010

Oh my, what a crazy week this has been!

Wow, there has been so much going on, between outings and daily family life and sewing, this week has gone by very quickly!

Today, well it is my Anniversary. Married my sweetie 7 years ago! The time has gone by so quickly!

I have managed to start stitching all of the applique down on Kaynes wall hanging. I decided to do a blanket stitch using a verigated thread. I must admit that it is taking longer than I thought it would to do all the stitching, but that is ok. It is well worth it. I tried to get it done in time for our anniversary, but no luck. At least the thought was there. I have already put in about 3.5 hours of stitching and think I may have about another 10 hours or so. Guess that will depend on how many interruptions from the 3 munchkins!

On the weekend, we went to a good friends place for a BBQ, first one of the year. It was fantastic, the food was amazing, the company was great, and being able to talk about and show current sewing projects was a wonderful bonus!

Also, on the weekend we went to my moms for a family BBQ and a good visit with my Uncle and Aunt from Holland. That was another wonderful day, busy but fantastic! Waiting for Kayne to get the pictures on the computer, we did a bunch of family pics and it will be great to seeing them all!

As for projects, today I started to cut out strips of Tulle. I am making some Tutu's for my girls and one of my nieces, and maybe the other niece if she likes it. Once all the strips are cut out then I can finish them up while sitting with the kids :)

I also managed to get the fabric picked out for the Mini Easter quilt along that Bradie Sparrow is doing over at "A Quilty Kind of Girl Designs". This looks like a great project to do, so go and check it out!!

No comments: