Monday, April 26, 2010

A bit of this and a bit of that...

It has been rather crazy around here lately and as a result, I have not blogged. So now I get to play catch up! There are a few things that I am so excited to share and talk about oh where should I begin.

Well, I had finally made a big decision to take on a large project for me. I am going to make a "Dear Jane" quilt. I ordered the book and it arrived a few days ago. Since it arrived, I have been flipping through all of the pages and admiring all the work that went into that quilt in 1863! This is the book that I bought. Now comes the fun of finding the fabrics for this amazing quilt! I did however, find the background color. I picked out an antique white color, and for me this is absolutely perfect!!! Now to start getting the colors and start this enormous project!!

I also have finally started to work on my Meadow Breeze BOM. I have managed to trace out all the applique pieces. Now to cut them out, fuse to fabric, attach to the blocks (which I still need to cut and sew) and stitch the applique! But at least I have gotten something done on it!!

I have also made another Tutu, this one for my daughter. The first one she modeled went to someone and she was sad it was not hers! This one I loved the colors, but I did not use Tulle for it and it frays. But here is her tutu:


And this is her wearing her tutu, after the pictures were taken she was spinning around and telling me that she is a ballerina! Oh she is so cute!!

On the weekend, I went to a local fabric shop to buy some more tulle. I have couple of more tutu's to make. My nieces will love them for their upcoming birthdays! And I lucked out as everything was 40% off...woohoo! As I admired the beautiful fabrics, and notions I made a decision and bought me a new little gadget. I bought the Olfa Rotary Circle Cutter! I think I am going to have lots of fun with this one. I have these visions bouncing around in my head of projects I want to make using this tool. How wonderful to be able to cut out circles quickly :)

Well that is enough for now, time to get my butt off the couch and go and baste my hubby's quilt. I really really need to get that done!

No comments: