Sunday, August 22, 2010

Holidays, kids, projects, oh my!

A week away from September already! It has been a crazy but good summer! We have been fortunate enough to have a beautiful summer this year, not too cold or hot, just a nice balance.

For a week we joined some very good friends of ours at their lake house in B.C. It was a wonderful time, the weather was hot, the beach was beautiful, meals were tasty and the kids had a great time. While we were there, some shopping in quilt shops was a must and I found some lovely items.

This is a placemat kit I picked up. The picture is in the top right corner. I just love these fabrics!!

And then I found this adorable pattern for a growth chart and some Best Press starch!



There were so many other goodies that I found and wanted to bring home, but I was a good girl :)

Projects, there have been a few that I have been busy with, and now a few more on the go.

I made this wedding cake for some friends of mine. They got married at the beginning of July! The bride had given me some roses, but I still had to hand craft a good amount to cover this cake. It was a beautiful cake, and I had fun making this one!!

I also participated in a siggy block swap hosted by Julie at Jaybird Quilts. I had so much fun participating in this swap. These are the 101 blocks that I mailed out, to be sorted. I have received back my selection of blocks, all are different and absolutely gorgeous!

I made these decorative album covers for my cousins. My husband took all of their wedding pictures, and I must say they are amazing!! It is great to be married to a photographer!! But we thought it would be nice to have a stunning album for the stunning pictures. So these are what I made!

I also signed up for needle case swap hosted by Michele at the Quilting Gallery. I sent the needle case I made to my partner in Holland. This is what it looked like when I was finished!


I am getting ready to make a few nightgowns and some other projects that are floating around in my mind, and then participate in a few quilt-alongs!!

Now, all of these intentions are good, but it will be dependent on my wonderful children. They seem to like all of my attention :)

7 comments:

Barb said...

I love your fabrics....

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Love the cake! Your siggy blocks are yummy, and the needlecase came out just darling...pretty colors!

MGM

Liesbeth Wessels said...

Are you the same Christine that followed my blog ????????? I looked at yours! And the needlecase is just darling, just like Mary said. greetings from Liesbeth

Crafty Girl Creations said...

Leisbeth-Yes, I am the one that followed your blog :)

Crafty Girl Creations said...

Barb, Mary Grace, and Leisbeth-Thank you for the compliments!!

Liesbeth Wessels said...

Hello Christine.
Your post has arrived in the Netherlands. Thank you for this lovely needlecase. I love the colors, you used and also that the cute butterfly. And thank you for the gifts. I feel like a queen. greetings Liesbeth

Ivory Spring said...

Hi Christine,

You have been busy! Oh my - that cake is to DIE FOR!!!